RECOMMENDED TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM
At Simply IT, we work hard to build what we call our ” Recommended Technology Platform”. We know that using products across this platform will give you a great platform to operate your business from (we know this because we use ALL of the services below to run our own company).
Our engineers are trained in and keep up to date with technology across this core set of products to make sure that we can quickly, efficiently, and expertly assist you with working with those products.
Dell (preferred), HP or IBM servers with the following characteristics:
- Redundant PSU
- Warranty: Current
- CPU: Intel Xeon
- RAM: 32+ GB
- Storage: RAID
- Dell iDRAC, HP iLO or similar
- Universal Power Supply
Desktops and Laptops
Business or Enterprise models with the following characteristics:
- Dell (Optiplex, Latitude, Vostro, Precision) / Microsoft Surface / HP (Pro, Elite & Z Series) / Lenovo (ThinkPad / ThinkCentre) / Apple Mac
- Warranty: Current
- CPU: Intel i5+, 8th Gen+
- RAM: 8+ GB
- Storage: 256+ GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- TPM for Full Disk Encryption
- Mice: Unit supplied with Desktop/Laptop by manufacturer or Logitech. Wired preferred.
- Keyboard: Unit supplied with Desktop/Laptop by manufacturer or Logitech. Wired preferred.
- Monitor: Resolution of 1920×1080 or higher, minimum size 23″ or higher.
Firewalls / Routers
- Cisco Meraki MX
- Ubiquiti Unifi USG
- Cisco Meraki MS
- Cisco Business 350
- Ubiquiti Unifi
WiFi Access Points
- Cisco Meraki MR Series
- Ubiquiti Unifi UAP
Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Synology SMB and Enterprise models
Email, Productivity Platforms
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise
- Apple Mac OS Catalina+
- Windows Server 2016+
THIRD PARTY VENDORS
Whilst we pride ourselves on our troubleshooting skills and abilities to solve many different types of technical problems, please bear in mind that for 3rd party products outside our Recommended Platform, it may take us some extra time to familiarize ourselves with managing and supporting these products.
If the issues can and should be supported by the 3rd party vendor, then we may help you liaise with the vendor directly to get the problem solved in the most efficient and timely manner for you.
We may still be able to purchase items from other vendors at your request (depending on whether our distributors stock it), however if any unforeseen issues arise in the setup, installation, and ongoing use, we may need to invoice you separately for this time.