The System Administrator serves as a back-line support resource for the helpdesk and is responsible for supporting a wide array of workstations, servers and networks. This role requires an advanced working knowledge of computer networking and windows operating systems. The candidate must also possess excellent communication skills, documentation skills and thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical remote or onsite support at an advanced level. Including, but not limited to Windows Serves, Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Access Points and more.
- Provide support to level 1 technicians and resolve escalated tickets.
- Participate in sales engineering and follow delivery of projects through to completion.
- Lead Project completion which may include OS Migrations, Server, equipment network installations and more.
- Windows Server and Network Engineering Design and Implementation.
- Configure and support Windows servers, including Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group policy and other roles.
- Maintain time entries and other documentation accurately.
- Provide on-call emergency services after business hours, holiday and weekends as required.
- Take personal ownership of a problem and see it through to end.
- Have a passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service.
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- 3-5 years' experience in an IT Systems Administration or Engineering position.
- Advanced knowledge of DHCP, DNS Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- Advanced knowledge of IP Networking, TCP/UDP.
- Experience working within enterprise ticket systems and RMM.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast pace environment.
- Stays current with new technologies and methodologies.
- Windows Imaging Experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server Experience.
- MCSA, CCNA, Security+, or Network + certifications are a plus.